A pedometer is a device that counts each step a person takes by detecting the motion of the person's hips. Used originally by sports and physical fitness enthusiasts, pedometers are now becoming popular as an everyday exercise tracker and motivator. Worn on the belt, a pedometer can record how many steps you have walked that day, as well as the number of miles or kilometers. Wearing a pedometer is simple, fun, non-obtrusive way to increase daily activity, and a great way to get and stay motivated in your walking routine.
Physical activity improves health in the following ways:
- Helps to maintain a healthy weight
- Builds and sustains healthy bones, muscles, and joints
- Helps reduce feelings of depression, anxiety, and stress
- Improves job performance and work relationships
- Helps reduce employer healthcare costs and short term sick leave
- Increases productivity
Set a goal for distance or steps per day, and stick to it. No matter what fitness level you are starting from, you can make gains by gradually increasing your daily steps. The following are some practical tips on how to increase your fitness level using a pedometer:
- Park in the farthest space from your workplace or at the store
- Go for a walk on your breaks and lunches
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Enjoy an evening walk with friends or family
Because pedometers are so effective at promoting healthy lifestyles, business and non-profit organizations often use them in marketing and advertising campaigns to build brand awareness and recognition. Promotional pedometers are popular giveaways for schools and universities, charity fundraising events (such as races and walk-a-thons), health insurance companies, hospitals, and more.
Pedometers may be small, but they offer big value to businesses wishing to promote health within their organizations. If you are looking for a fun, cost effective promotional gift that will promote your business for months or years to come, give promotional pedometers a try. Crestline has a wide selection, so you're sure to find the just the right promotional pedometer for your needs. Use promotional pedometers today to create awareness about your company in a healthy and positive way.