Everyone likes to feel appreciated. Employees are the most important asset of any organization, and showing the appropriate recognition and appreciation is essential. Employees want to know they are contributing to your organization's success, and when they feel their work is recognized and acknowledged, their satisfaction with work will increase. That's good news for employers because the happier employees are, the more productive they will be.
Here are a few ideas to help you make your employees feel appreciated:
1. When you notice positive behavior or first-rate work, validate it! Praise your staff or coworkers when they do something well. Identify the specific actions that you found admirable.
2. Say "thank you." Send thank-you cards, or simple handwritten notes of gratitude to employees who make exceptional contributions to the organization.
3. Throw a catered appreciation party or take staff to lunch for birthdays, special occasions, or for no reason at all.
4. Create a game day to foster teamwork. Include races and problem-solving activities for the staff.
5. Bring in bagels, doughnuts, or other treats for staff and coworkers. Offerings such as cookies or cupcakes are always a hit.
6. Give useful gifts featuring your company logo.
7. Holiday parties or events are a great way to build a sense of team and strengthen relationships.
8. Corporate gifts convey a sense of appreciation and value. Fun, motivational, and team building gifts can serve as reminders to continue strong performance and incentives to meet goals.
Studies show that promotional products rank high in value when given as part of employee appreciation and recognition programs. A study conducted by the Incentive Marketing Association says the most popular imprinted merchandise items are printed corporate apparel, clocks and watches, desk accessories, food giveaways & beverage, gift certificates, plaques and trophies, tools, and promotional writing instruments. These kinds of gifts are important for boosting morale and retaining employees. Using promotional products is a concrete, cost effective way to reward your employees. When choosing promotional products for employee functions, choose practical items that your employees can use on a daily basis but that will also remind them of how much your organization appreciates their hard work.
There is a large variety of practical promotional items that you can choose from to give to your employees, including customized ceramic coffee mugs, sticky notes, notebooks, pens, pencils, imprintable bags, custom portfolios, lunch bags, bulk keychains with logo, and more. These items are not only a way to say thank you to your employees, but can also help to keep your employees organized.
Companies have nothing to lose and so much to gain by making the effort to show employees appreciation and recognize their hard work and efforts. Great companies recognize that their employees are their most important asset and continuously find innovative ways to recognize them appropriately. Remember happy, appreciated employees are loyal, dedicated, hardworking employees. Investing a bit of time and money in selecting promotional items to recognize your employees can spell lasting success for your organization as a whole. Whether you choose items that are available to all employees, items for special events, or ones that are given in recognition of the special achievements of a select few, promotional items can positively impact both your current work environment and your future organizational initiatives.